The local processes Monitor allows you to check local processes on the server.
Adding a local processes monitor
Before proceeding, please ensure that you have created the component and your Anturis Private Agent for Windows/Linux is running.
- On the Component page, click Add/Remove Monitors > Add Custom Monitor.
- Select the Local Resources monitors tab and Software sub tab view.
- Select Local Processes and click Next.
- Select the agents from the list.
- Set Monitor period and click Next.
- Under Process name, type any process which runs and is listed in the table or use an asterisk (*) to monitor all running processes.
- Under Command name, type any process command name which runs and is listed in the table or use an asterisk (*) to monitor all running processes.
- Define the value for chart metrics.
- [Optional] Select the check box Check the number of matching processes and enter a number.
- [Optional] Select Check the aggregate CPU usage for the selected processes and enter Error level (%) to receive an error if your CPU usage will exceed this amount of usage and/or enter the threshold value under the Warning level.
- [Optional] Select Check the aggregate memory consumption for the selected processes and enter Error level (mb) to receive an error if your memory usage exceeds this amount of usage and/or enter the threshold value under the Warning level.
- Enter a Monitor Name and set consecutive measurements.
- Click Next.
- On the Monitor test result step, click Next when the test is passed.
- Click Finish.
Note: The asterisk (*) is a wildcard character that can be used as a substitute for zero or more characters in a process name. For example, using “*” matches all running processes.
Customer support service by UserEcho